About the Ingredients
The wrong pasta can throw off anyone’s diet so we’re using Palmini Hearts of Palm, yes we’re using a vegetable for the noodles.
The carrots and parsley are both organic and just bought the day before.
The pesto was created several days before so all the spices and ingredients can release their flavors and complement each other. (I use pesto for almost everything these days so there is always some in the fridge.)
We’re using Wild Spicy Sardines with piri piri pepper from Matiz Espana.
- Heat up your wok or pan.
- The Noodles Take about a half a cup of Palmini Hearts of Palm and soak and rinse several times, until the water is clear and leave in a bowl of water.
- Carrots & Parsley: Dice a half a carrots into desired size. In this picture the carrot is sliced in quarters and then diced. Parsley leaves are diced to about just about the size of a half-inch.
- Now we’re ready to start cookin: The pan or wok should be hot enough so a few drops of water will dance on the pan.
- Add some ghee or clarified butter and coat the bottom of the wok and sides.
- Add the carrots and flip over in about a minute. Just before they are soft add the pasta, add 2 tablespoons of water to steam the noodles and cover for about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and 2 tablespoons of pesto to the noodles and carrots and stir and move to the wall of your pan or wok.
- Now drain and add your favorite sardines to the bottom of the wok. Check the sardines to see if they need more oil or ghee and add accordingly. And flip when necessary. Remember the sardines are small and don’t take that much time to cook.
It’s that easy.
That didn’t take long.
My preferred Ingredients
Please let us know of any variation or additions below.