For this month I'm seeing a higher resting heart rate and the lowest cardio fitness score since I 've been following the Fitbit charts.
Finding your fitness groove with the Fitbit Charge is easy!
This watch tracks how many steps you take in a day, calories burned and hours slept. It also keeps tabs on heart rates to make sure it is functioning properly - just like when tracking an exercise routine or diet plan for weight loss success by monitoring progress every week so it helps you stay motivated every day.
Which are the best Fitbit Charts to follow?
There are several activity charts to follow that you can make direct additions to like Track Your Exercise Start Logging Your Food or Log Some Water. Each of these you came make a direct contribution to.
The charts that show the quality of your overall health include
- Resting Heart Rate
- Cardio Fitness
- Sleep Score, 4 Stages 30 day average ands Benchmark
- Weight especially if you are over weight or obese (like myself)
How To Set Your Fitbit Goals
Setting goals are fairly simple using your Fitbit app and not that much different if you're a sports athlete or a senior wanting better health. The main difference will be your determination, diligence, and mindset.
Where To Find Your Goal Settings
In your app on the front page click on your Account or image in the upper lefthand corner. Under setting tap on Activities & Wellness.
- Daily Activity Just starting out I recommend looking at your charts after a month or 2 and then gauging appropriate goals.
- Distance may be more important if you are a runner or cyclist.
- Calories burned
- Floors: I live in Atlanta and it's easy to find places to walk with inclines.
- Hourly Activity Goals; You can set your watch to remind you to walk during specific hours of the day. If you're a nurse who can walk the halls or a teacher that can walk around the classroom, this is an easier reminder.
- Stride Lenght can be set to automaticlly or customised for walking and running.
- Weekly Exercise Goals
- Auto Recognized Exercises
- Menstrual Health
You can track
- your period
- your fertile window
- Heart Health Your Heart Rate Zones will be determined by your cardio fitness and age, but if you're training you can customize the:
- Custon Max Heart Rate
- Heart Zone for Upper and Lower limits
- Nutrition & Weight
- Food Plans offer 4 different levels from easy to harder based on caleries eaten and used.
- Food Databases: There are 10 different databases to choose from depending on you county.
- Water Goals & Units
- Your Weight & Body Fat goals There are several ways to calculate you ideal weight on the weight loss page.
- Sleep Goal may be your most important activity whether you are trying to casually improve your health, a senior, or a professional athlete.
- Time Asleep Goal Target between 7 to 8 hours unless you are under Doctors' orders for other health reasons.
- By creating your Target Sleep Schedule, when you go to bed and wake up you create a sound habit for better rest & recovery.
- Bed Time Reminder is optional
I'm using a Fitbit Charge 3 to document this set up so your process may be a little different. I plan on upgrading to a Charge 5 as soon as all the features are activated and will update these settings then.
Get the most out of your Fitbit Charge by updating these health settings and tracking the charts will guide you in achieving a healthy lifestyle. The app is free for iOS and Android users to download!
It's easy to see how many steps or calories are burned using this interactive tool, but what really makes it stand apart are all the app features like heart rate monitoring when exercising, sleep insights based on an analysis per night type (the 4 types of sleep), and weight loss tips based on calorie goals.
All of this helps guide a healthy lifestyle.
How To Use The App's Charts
Here are my monthly Fitbit chart covering January.
Weight Loss Chart Cardio Fitness Chart Sleep Charts Hourly and Stages At the beginning of the month I was traveling and towards the end started visiting coffee shops to get a little work in early in the morning. Goals For August Cut down on the coffee, set up a nightly routine including exercise, meditation, and …
I\’ve become a little complacent with my health and weight loss, so with winter and the Holiday season just around the I thought it would be a good time to put my health program to the test. Health and Weight Loss Goals By the end of the year be under 200 pounds. Strenghten my health …
These are my personal charts for May 2019. Over all Cardio fitness is excellent and heart rate at rest is between 55 and 62. And there is lots of room for improvement of the next 2 months.
Heart Rate at Rest This is my favorite chart. It directly shows how hard the heart has to work while resting if it\’s over a 100 I would go see a doctor just to be sure there’s nothing seriously wrong. If there\’s something blocking the blood flow or if there’s part of your body …