A healthy Mediterranean snack or meal with lots of protein and nutrients from olives, sardines, pesto, keto crackers, avocados, and sprouts.
We all have heard seafood is healthy for us, but do we all eat enough? Do we know the best fish to eat? Do we know the healthiest way to prepare our succulent seafood? We will answer those questions here.
What are the healthiest seafoods?
- Salmon is one of the most nutritious fish with several health benefits. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and other essential nutrients. The health benefits and taste make it one of the most loved fish in the world.
- Sardines are well known for high levels of Omega3 fatty acids and tins can be found anywhere. If you can find fresh sardines please try them.
- Cod Liver is packed with fat soluble vitamins that make this and cod liver oil an important part of any winter diet.
- Oysters, clams and mussels
- Seaweed provides plenty of trace nutrients that are hard to find anywhere else. Raw Nori sheets and seaweed spices are the easiest way to add this delicacy to your diet.
How much seafood should you eat?
The Government dietary guidelines recommend eating seafood twice a week.
Some experts say most individuals it’s fine to eat fish every day and it’s best to eat fish considered to be lower in mercury, typically smaller fish like sardines, anchovy, black sea bass, flounder, haddock, mackerel, pollock, salmon, and trout.
Seafood Recipes & Cooking Ideas
Looking for a healthy and delicious way to add some omega-3 fatty acids to your diet? This recipe for cod liver pate is packed with nutrients and protein that is perfect for an appetizer or snack.
An easy simple recipe with wild spicy sardines with Piri Piri that's heart-healthy with plenty of nutrients from carrots, parsley, homemade pesto, and hearts of palm pasta.
Healthy sandwich with plenty of proteins, fats, and nutrients. Built with sprouted multi-grain toast, broccoli sprouts, avocado spread with lemon juice, and Icelandic Cod Liver.
A quick and easy tasty high protein breakfast or lunch with salmon, eggs, and sprouts on a toasted croissant with an avocado on the side.
This lunch or snack of sardines with avocados and nori seaweed on a cracked multi-grain bread offers lots of healthy fats and nutrients.
A simple easy to put together breakfast recipe of salmon, eggs and spinach on toast.
Sardines make a quick and easy healthy snack with plenty of protein and omega3 fatty acids.