The sleep charts break down the sleep cycles into 4 stages.
- Awake Time This is pretty self explanatory, when you wake up at night.
- REM Rapid Eye Movements or dream time. During REM you’re regurgitating daily activities and emotions. Also at this time your synthesizing protein at the cellular level.
- Light Sleep takes up more than 50% of the night. It’s when your body processes memories, emotions and your regulates your metabolism.
- Deep Sleep The brain goes offline. Your muscles are very relaxed, you’re not dreaming and your body secretes growth hormone, which is associated with cellular fixing & repair and rebuilding your immune system.
Sleep Charts Hourly and Stages for July 2019
At the beginning of the month I was traveling and towards the end started visiting coffee shops to get a little work in early in the morning.
Goals For August
Cut down on the coffee, set up a nightly routine including exercise, meditation and turning out the lights at 10:30.
There is some New research studying the correlation between sleep, health and the balance of hormones. Initial studies show that we tend to wake up with high levels of cortisol and insulin. So this maybe not a good time to start the day with carbs like a bagel, but maybe some quick exercise and protein & healthy fats for breakfast maybe a faster way to balance.
Sleep Charts for May
- Awake time is on the low end and I think that’s good.
- REM is low. and would like it to increase.
- Light Sleep is high.
- Deep Sleep is high and wonder if it’s because i’m active or if something is amiss? Do I need more protein?
Over all, I’ll cut down on caffeine and make sure there is at least 1 meditation practice every day.