The sleep charts break down the sleep cycles into 4 stages.
- Awake Time This is pretty self explanatory, when you wake up at night.
- REM Rapid Eye Movements or dream time. During REM you’re regurgitating daily activities and emotions. Also at this time your synthesizing protein at the cellular level.
- Light Sleep takes up more than 50% of the night. It’s when your body processes memories, emotions and your regulates your metabolism.
- Deep Sleep The brain goes offline. Your muscles are very relaxed, you’re not dreaming and your body secretes growth hormone, which is associated with cellular fixing & repair and rebuilding your immune system.
Sleep Charts for May 2019
- Awake time is on the low end and I think that’s good.
- REM is low. and would like it to increase.
- Light Sleep is high.
- Deep Sleep is high and wonder if it’s because i’m active or if something is amiss? Do I need more protein?
Over all, I’ll cut down on caffeine and make sure there is at least 1 meditation practice every day.